I was working on a view that listed faculty members on a Drupal site. The request was pretty straightforward. We have profiles on the site and each profile has one or more categories such as "Core Faculty", "Affiliate Faculty", "Administration", "Staff", "Graduate Student", "PhD Student", etc. This is done with a taxonomy term on the profile content type.
I recently gave a presentation at the Central Iowa Drupal User's Group about configuration management in Drupal 8. Below are links to the slides and some resources mentioned during the presentation.
Sometimes it can be useful have more than one version of Drush globally available. In my situation, we have servers with old versions of Drush and a bunch of scripts that expect Drush to behave in a certain way. None of this can be upgraded overnight. We also want to move forward and develop on the latest stuff. So, we need several versions of Drush available to bridge the gap between maintaining what we have and upgrading to the latest and greatest.
I have a 1TB hard drive, but I'm not really using much of it, so when I started getting warnings about my disk space filling up, I was confused. I went and got Disk Inventory X to see what was using all this space. I found this:
I found some strange rendering issues happening with a site on IE that we couldn't replicate in our test environment. We finally found out those who were experiencing the issue were on the Active Directory for the same domain. Turns out, one of the group policies is to automatically set compatibility mode to on for everything in their domain. Turns out IE will respond to specific headers in order to forcefully define the compatibility mode to a specific version.
I have a development server I use to let users play around or load a site up with content before it goes live. On this server I have virtual hosts for each site. None of the information on these development sites are really secret, but I don't want these sites to end up on Google search results. I also don't want to add the extra complexity of having a username and password protecting the sites or restricting anything to a specific IP range.
A lot of commands for iptables work with targeting a specific rule number. To find the rule we usually run
iptables --list. Then I always forget if the rule numbers start at zero or one (it's one) and then have to manually count through the dozen or more rules I have in place. I'm never confident I'm targeting the correct rule, causing me a bunch of headaches. No iptables tutorials I ever encountered or even the iptables man page easily lets you know that you can add the
--line-numbers to display the rule number. Hopefully this will help other people out.